Mortgage Loan Originator
The Mortgage Loan Originator originates mortgages via self-origination and in-house leads. The MLO increases mortgage loan portfolio by developing contacts, attracting potential customers, completing mortgage loan processing and closing.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Generate and pre-qualify potential borrowers, complete all loan applications and documents, obtain all required supporting documents and information, process loan applications and submit a complete loan file in a timely manner in compliance with company and lender procedures.
• Provide company headquarters with neat and orderly accounting information, bank statements, pipe-line and closing reports on a periodic basis.
• Provide applicants with accurate interest rate quotes and loan information.
• Maintain the highest level of business and professional ethics and practices and strictly avoid any form of loan fraud or any other variation of fraudulent, illegal or unfair dealings.
• Retain copies of all loan files originated , whether or not the loan was closed, rejected or withdrawn, for a period of time to comply with all applicable company policies and state and federal laws.
• Attract new mortgage loan applications by developing relationships within the community and making sales calls to prospective clients.
• Monitor collection, verification and preparation of mortgage loan documentation; schedule and complete mortgage loan closing.
• Maintain strict client confidentiality.
• Exhibit a high level of working knowledge of agency and government loan guidelines and packaging requirements, primarily with purchase transactions.
• Educate customers on the different type of loans and credit options available to them, including the terms associated with each.
• Continue education to remain compliant with NMLS requirements.
• NMLS licensed and requested to transfer license to company account within 48 hours of start date
• Strong communication skills
• Proficient working knowledge of basic office software, including word processing, spreadsheets, e mail accounts and presentation software
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Work professionally with a wide array of personalities, both within and external of the company
• High ethical standards